Cosmetic dentistry can help improve the appearance of your teeth and the overall look of your smile. Cosmetic dentistry is a branch of dentistry that focuses on enhancing the appearance of your teeth and smile. It can be used to correct issues such as alignment issues, gaps, chips, short teeth, cracks, crooked teeth, stains, and misshapen teeth. If you’re considering cosmetic dentistry, it’s important to think about whether it’s the right choice for you. Keep reading to learn more about the different cosmetic dental procedures and the issues they can fix.
What Cosmetic Dental Treatments Are Available?
As mentioned before, cosmetic dentistry can be used to correct a variety of aesthetic smile flaws. It’s important to choose the procedure that best fits your needs. Some common treatments offered by cosmetic dentists include:
- Porcelain veneers – These are thin shells that are attached to the front of the teeth to correct cracks, small gaps, misshapen teeth, discoloration, chips, and minor alignment issues. A small amount of tooth enamel is removed, so this treatment makes permanent changes to your beam.
- Metal-free dental crowns – These are color-matched, tooth-colored caps that cover the entire visible part of a tooth to fix severe damage, improve the structure, and offer a realistic look.
- Cosmetic dental bonding – Cosmetic bonding can cover the same issues as veneers in a single appointment. Your dentist will place a composite resin that matches your enamel, sculpt it, and harden it for a flawless smile.
- Teeth whitening – Take-home whitening can whiten your teeth from the comfort of your own home, and in-office treatments offer noticeably brighter results in just one visit.
- Botox – Botox® is a great solution for reducing wrinkles and fine lines. It’s a quick, painless procedure that can give you smoother, firmer, and younger-looking skin.
- Smile makeover – This can include one or several cosmetic dental treatments to improve the look of your smile.
How Your Dentist Can Help
The above descriptions of cosmetic and restorative dental treatments are just a few examples. It’s important to schedule a consultation with your dentist to discuss your specific needs. Some treatments, such as dental crowns, offer both cosmetic and restorative benefits. For that reason, your dentist may recommend this treatment if you need to have a tooth repaired. Your dentist will conduct a comprehensive oral examination to determine the best treatment option for you.
About the Practice
At Dental Center of Aspen Hill, we offer exceptional care to keep your teeth in good condition. Located in Silver Spring, we administer aesthetic procedures like veneers, dental crowns, cosmetic dental bonding, teeth whitening, and Botox to give you a gorgeous, uniform, smile you’ll be excited to show off. If you’re interested in scheduling an appointment with one of our four talented dentists or learning more about our cosmetic services, visit our website or call our office at (301) 871-6660.